GCC 4.4 rebuild results

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 18:41:46 UTC 2009

I rebuilt the Fedora Rawhide i386 part of the full repository using
GCC 4.4, and there are no major problems, but a few minor problems:

 - mingw32-qt-win (4.4.3)

   This is a general FTBFS problem, not related to GCC 4.4.  We
   use the 'moc' command line tool from the native qt-devel package,
   but because the version of qt-devel in Rawhide doesn't match the
   version we were building, this fails.  Solution requires upgrading
   the mingw32-qt-win package and adding a hard BuildRequires on
   qt-devel = %{version}.

 - mingw32-xqilla

   Appears to be a missing header file:

../src/lexer/XQLexer.cpp: In member function 'int xqFlexLexer::yyinput()':
../src/lexer/XQLexer.cpp:16085: error: 'EOF' was not declared in this scope

 - mingw32-boost

   Lots and lots of the same error, which seems to be some sort of
   C++ thing:

./boost/mpl/apply_wrap.hpp:81:31: error: missing binary operator before token "("

 - mingw32-poco

   Missing header?

src/Environment.cpp:111: error: 'sprintf' is not a member of 'std'

 - mingw32-popt

   I think this is an unrelated FTBFS bug, apparently some sort of
   libtool error.

 - mingw32-inkscape

   Cannot build because mingw32-boost doesn't build -- see above.

Since none of the above bugs are particularly serious, and don't
affect any packages that are in Fedora, I suggest that we push GCC 4.4
immediately to Rawhide, and get on with building the Fedora packages.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top