windows installer

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri Jan 9 13:49:46 UTC 2009

hi,
what's the plan for the created binary usage on windows? ie. we now
create a lots of libs eg: gtk, openssl etc. and create some application
packages like virt-manager. how this will be installed on a real windows
machine at the end? of course there would be useful some installer. for
the final application it's trivial that someone have to create an
installer eg nsis or something like this. but what about the libs? you
assume each installer also package all required libs? imho it'd be
better if we can create some kind of installer for all libs too eg for
glib2 there will be a nsis-glib2.exe in tha package and this contain the
full executable or ...?
or that's the reason for nsiswrapper?
anyway nsiswrapper missing from the temporary repo. is there a reason
for this?
yours.