Rewinding the discussion on MinGW+Wine

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Jul 28 09:19:43 UTC 2009

>> AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0 will detect mismatched header files vs.
>> installed libraries, while PKG_CHECK_MODULES, so your solution is not
>> 100% equivalent.
>
> So far, in us packaging about 100 packages (many dependent on glib),
> this has not proved a problem.

Because you do not have Wine installed, so that check is not run.  A
user (not a fedora packager) will have it 99% of the time.

> There's no issue with mismatching headers and libraries because
> everything is installed via RPM.

If you do not fix bug 513825, the configure script will get the Linux
pkg-config, not the cross pkg-config.  Then it will definitely report
(if you have Wine installed, and with today's Fedora 11) mismatched
headers and libraries.

Do you want me to prepare a screencast?!?

>>> Now please answer my question:
>>>
>>>         Which package are you trying to build?
>> Pick any one in this list:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0
>> http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
>>
>> I could say xchat from latest CVS.  (I did try to build it before
>> writing this, and it failed).
>
> So xchat, specifically, is the package that you tried to make?

Yes.

Paolo