Mac OS X cross-compiler coming soon to a Fedora near you (or maybe not?)

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Jul 29 10:01:03 UTC 2009

Op dinsdag 28-07-2009 om 21:43 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef H. Peter
Anvin:
> On 07/11/2009 03:49 PM, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The darwinx toolchain is still going strong. I just published updated
> > packages in the darwinx-testing repository [1][2].
> >

> The darwinx-odcctools conflicts with gcc-objc, which seems like a real
> problem to me.  I can't figure out *why* the conflict, though (it's
> marked manually in the specfile, but there doesn't seem to be any real
> reason for it??)

Yeah that's right. I manually added the Conflicts: gcc-objc. I forgot to
add a comment with the motivation to the .spec file. IIRC, there was a
compile error with the odcctools when gcc-objc is installed. As I didn't
had time to research it in depth at that moment I added the conflict to
the .spec file to remind me that more research was needed.

You could remove the conflict and see what happens :)

Speaking about the darwinx toolchain: In my last attempt I've used GCC
4.2. However, when trying to compile Qt I noticed that libstdc++ is
missing from the GCC 4.2 tarball.. libstdc++ is only bundled with GCC
4.0 so I'm thinking about downgrading the GCC and rebuilding everything
again (while hoping nothing blows up)

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

PS. You don't need to CC me as I'm already subscribed to the
fedora-mingw list.