Interest in mingw wxWidgets

Max Jonathan Spaulding maxj at groff.net
Mon Jun 22 12:42:08 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009 05:58:04 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jason Woofenden wrote:
> > With practically no experince packaging, I was able to create the two
> > packages I needed in one sitting, by mostly copy-and-paste. (ie by
> > combining parts from the .spec file from the native version of the
> > package with a .spec file for a similar mingw32 package.) You can read
> > my post on this list from a few days ago if you want details.
>
> It's not so easy for wxWidgets unless you're planning to use wxGTK rather
> than the native W32 port. Fedora obviously doesn't ship a W32 wxWidgets as
> a native Fedora package, only wxGTK.

Sorry, you lost me here.  I get that Fedora doesn't currently have a W32
wxWidgets package, thats why I was asking if anyone had an interest in my
making such a package.  What do you see as making it not so easy?  The wx
sources cross build very nicely with mingw, I've been doing it for years with
a hand built mingw.  The .spec for wxGTK with very few changes should work
pretty much out the door with no patches or anything.

I'm new to packaging so maybe I am being naive?  But getting a cross built wx
for win32 is no problem with mingw.

-Max

>         Kevin Kofler

Max Jonathan Spaulding - MC2 Research, LLC
3658 Shoshone St. Denver, Co 80211
email: maxj at groff.net - phone: (720) 854-5434
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxjspaulding