Patch for ming32-zlib.spec to enable static package

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 12:52:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:45:34PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:32:18AM +0100, Wojciech Pilorz wrote:
> >> +%package static
> >> +Group:          Development/Libraries
> >> +Requires: zlib = %{version}
> > ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > This patch is good, except did you mean 'Requires: mingw32-zlib =
> > %{version}-%{release}' there?
>
> why require mingw32-zlib at all for the static lib?

It's debatable in this case, but in other cases the base package
contains binaries, license and README files which are applicable to
the static package too.

(mingw32-zlib doesn't contain a license file, but that's a bug ...)

It doesn't really matter if we pull in the DLL along with the static
library, since this only applies on developer workstations.  It
doesn't affect the resultant binary or how it is deployed in any way.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)