mingw32-qt-win

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 13 02:39:26 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> The reason that I named it 'mingw32-qt-win' was because it is a
> separate codebase / tarball from the Unix version of Qt.  I don't know
> exactly how much code is really shared, but upstream distributes three
> separate zip files corresponding to Unix / Win / Mac.

We don't call the native version qt-x11 either. Well, the GUI subpackage is
called that way. (qt contains the stuff which does not need a GUI, qt-x11
the X11-dependent GUI portions.) If you want to use subpackages matching
the native ones, you'd probably have a mingw32-qt-win subpackage for the
GUI-using stuff. (That said, I'm not sure whether we want this. On one
hand, it's good to be consistent with the native package, on the other hand
splitting out GUI stuff doesn't quite make as much sense for MinGW as it
does for native Fedora.) But the SRPM and main package should be just
mingw32-qt and the devel package should be just mingw32-qt-devel.

        Kevin Kofler