Fedora 12: What projects for F12?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 12:30:52 UTC 2009

Fedora 11 is nearly in beta, and thanks to some judicious cuts at the
end, we made it to 100% feature complete.  Thanks to the many people
who helped out reviewing packages and testing.

What do we want to aim for in Fedora 12?

Some ideas - please add your own to this thread.

(1) Win64 support
(see: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-mingw/2009-February/thread.html#464 )

(2)? Use mingw-w64 project to build 32 bit w32api/runtime, since
mingw-w64 seems to be more active.

(3) Darwin / OS X support
(see: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-March/msg00397.html )

(4) Get some of the issues resolved in the packaging guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/Packaging_issues

(5) Expand active members, particularly packagers.  I would like to
start by having a website which doesn't suck like our current one.

(6) Move educational materials to a single place.

(7) Have a FAQ.

(8) I'd like to have a reasonable Python story.  I spent a lot of time
trying to get Python and Python libs to cross-compile, without any
success.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)