mingw32-qt-win

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 13 13:18:34 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:50:49AM +0100, Thomas Sailer wrote:
>> We don't have devel packages in mingw, the main package *is* the devel
>> package :)
>
> Although arguably we should change this.  See:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/Packaging_issues#devel_package_split

Hmmm, I'm not sure it's all that useful to have runtime-only packages for
foreign OSes.

And in any case, even if a -devel gets added at some point, what's even more
doubtful is the usefulness of a -win or -gui subpackage, because most
people will want to use the -devel parts anyway and the native qt-devel
drags in all the qt-* subpackages anyway.

So I'd recommend just going with a single mingw32-qt package at least for
now.

        Kevin Kofler