NASM

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 22:07:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:39:36PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> NASM itself is on my to-do list.  Can it be built as a cross-compiler^W
> cross-assembler?  Well, I'll answer that myself by trying it ...

Well, turns out that yes it does, and nasm is already packaged in
Fedora ...

$ nasm -f win32 testnasm.asm -o testnasm.obj
$ file testnasm.obj
testnasm.obj: 80386 COFF executable not stripped - version 30821
$ i686-pc-mingw32-gcc test.c testnasm.obj -o test
$ wine ./test
42

$ cat test.c
#include <stdio.h>