gtk dll name issue

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 08:42:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 06:17:22PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> I've built a program using the mingw32-gtk packages. If I attempt to run
> the resulting binary under Windows, it is looking for the specific
> naming of the DLLs used in the Fedora packages. The GTK installer from
> http://www.gtk.org does not use a "libname-#.dll" schema, just a
> "libname.dll" schema. This means I'd have to ship the Fedora DLLs to
> have a working program or create a custom GTK installer.
>
> Should the mingw32 packages in Fedora follow the same naming pattern?

We just follow upstream gtk.  We don't take any special steps to
rename the DLL, as you can see:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/mingw32-gtk2/mingw32-gtk2.spec?view=markup

So that means, either they (gtk-win) are renaming the DLL themselves,
or they are building from a different upstream, or their build system
somehow produces differently named DLLs.  Whichever it is, I'm not
sure this is our problem ..

Anyway, does symlinking or renaming the DLLs by hand work?

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/