gtk dll name issue

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Mar 20 14:14:10 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: gtk dll name issue
From: Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>
To: Fedora MinGW (Windows cross-compiler) project
<fedora-mingw at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: 03/20/2009 03:42 AM

> We just follow upstream gtk.  We don't take any special steps to
> rename the DLL, as you can see:

Seems it is an upstream problem then and not a Fedora/gtk-win problem.
The official GTK bundle[1] is the same as gtk-win.

After looking at it this morning, libintl-8.dll is the only problem DLL.

Fedora mingw32-gtk contains libintl-8.dll but the GTK bundle or GTK
redist contains intl.dll. Copying this file from C:\Program
Files\GTK-Runtime\bin\intl.dll to C:\Program
Files\GTK-Runtime\bin\libintl-8.dll allows my program built on Fedora
run just fine.

[1]
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.14/gtk+-bundle_2.14.7-20090119_win32.zip