Interest in Sane or LibUSB

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 20:34:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 01:30:43PM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Would there be any interest in having Sane or LibUSB in the mingw
> packages? I have specs and patches for both, however the are some caveats:

Yes to both.  Hans Niederman (ndim on #fedora-mingw) already took a
look at libusb-win32.

[...]
> libusb-win32 compiles and runs without much modification, however this
> library has a tendency to BSOD Vista machines. Works fine with Windows
> XP. This is also only the 0.1.12 library. The 1.0 library is the current
> release, but since Fedora isn't shipping it and Sane requires 0.1.12 I
> am using it. Any know if Fedora switching to 1.0? Also, the resulting
> .exe files generates an auto-requires of "setupapi.dll" and
> "cfgmgr32.dll" so this is an issue that needs addressing.

BSOD from userspace??

Probably best to file a bug against the native Fedora package if you
want it to be updated.

> As for maintainer-ship, I don't think I would be a good candidate to
> maintain the packages so I'd be looking for someone to take the
> specs/patches.

Well post any specfiles and patches here.  If you do want to make a
package then take a look at:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/New_package

Rich.