Thanks and a question or two

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Mar 26 18:51:30 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Thanks and a question or two
From: John Stebbins <stebbins at jetheaddev.com>
To: Fedora MinGW (Windows cross-compiler) project
<fedora-mingw at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: 03/26/2009 12:24 PM

> Your version of mingw32-w32api is too old to build ffmpeg with.  Ffmpeg
> requires 3.13 or better.

Yes, mingw-winapi should be updated. You can file a bug if you wish...

> There is no mingw32-pkgconfig, so configure would use the system
> pkg-config and use regular system include and library paths and flags.
> I found what I needed to fix these issues here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=204414
> Is this project associated with your effort at all?

You just need a simple environment variable set to use pkgconfig under
MinGW. There is no need to have a mingw-pkgconfig package.

Example:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib/pkgconfig
pkgconfig --libs gtk+-2.0