mingw32-gcc update

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Tue Sep 1 12:13:29 UTC 2009

On 08/31/2009 12:01 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Kalev Lember wrote:
>> The license of native gcc package has changed from:
>> GPLv3+ and GPLv2+ with exceptions
>> to:
>> GPLv3+, GPLv3+ with exceptions and GPLv2+ with exceptions
>>
>> I have applied the license change to my copy mingw32-gcc spec file as
>> well, although I should point out that rpmlint thinks the license is
>> not valid:
>> W: invalid-license GPLv3+, GPLv3+ with exceptions
>
> This should be "GPLv3+ and GPLv3+ with exceptions and GPLv2+ with
> exceptions". The point here is not to write pretty English, but to be 100%
> unambiguous and automatically parsable. If you replace that comma with
> "and", rpmlint will no longer complain.

Yes, that's what I also think. I mailed Jakub Jelinek (native gcc's
maintainer) a week ago and suggested that the license tag should read
"GPLv3+ and GPLv3+ with exceptions and GPLv2+ with exceptions", but it
seems he wasn't at office last week. Pinged again today.

Even if the license tag is slightly wrong, I think it should match the
one in the native package and the change to license should propagate
from the native gcc to mingw32-gcc.

--
Kalev Lember