mingw32-ocaml, missing symbols in libthreadsnat.a

Paul Steckler Paul.Steckler at nicta.com.au
Mon May 17 06:04:22 UTC 2010

When I compile a multithreaded program using ocamlopt from the mingw32-ocaml package for
Fedora 11, the linker complains about these missing symbols from threads.a:

 _caml_thread_exit
 _caml_thread_sigmask
 _caml_wait_signal

On my Fedora 12 box, those symbols are defined in libthreadsnat.a for the non-MinGW
ocaml package, and the same OCaml code compiles and links OK.

Could it be that libthreadsnat.a was not built correctly in the Fedora 11 mingw32-ocaml
package?

-- Paul
--
Paul Steckler