Trying to compile the dlfcn-win32

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Wed Apr 6 20:05:25 UTC 2011

Jay Higley schreef op wo 06-04-2011 om 15:34 [-0400]:
> I'm trying to port the mingw32-dlfcn-w32 package over to the new cross
> compilers. Unfortunately I am not really very good with spec files.
> I've changed the spec file that came with the original source RPM to
> get the following, but trying to rebuild gives an error locating
> windows.h (which is in the expected locations for the cross
> filesystems). Can anyone give me some help on this?

Hi Jay,

Your .spec file looks okay to build both a Win32 and a Win64 binary RPM.
What is the exact error message you're getting?
What RPM packages did you install from the cross compiler testing
repository? (You can use 'rpm -qa | grep -e cross- -e mingw32 -e
mingw64' for this)

I'm also wondering why you want to build dlfcn for Win64? As far as I
know, none of the current mingw32-* packages really use dlfcn. Some
packages have a check in the ./configure script which checks for the
existance of dlfcn, but I haven't seen any package yet which really uses
dlfcn in the resulting binaries (so it's more a useless check). If you
have an use case for dlfcn then I would be glad to hear about it.
Otherwise I think that we should drop dlfcn.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek