cross framework, mingw-w64 toolchain, wine gecko

Kai Tietz ktietz70 at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:35:18 UTC 2011

2011/4/10 Erik van Pienbroek <erik at vanpienbroek.nl>:
> Andreas Bierfert schreef op za 02-04-2011 om 13:29 [+0200]:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have been playing around a bit with the cross repo you provide for the
>> new framework.
>>
>> First of all: Great job on this... I am really looking forward to see
>> this happening for F16.
>>
>> I would also like to finally introduce wine gecko with this happening.
>> However, while trying to build/patch version 1.2.0 to work with the
>> fedora cross toolchain I came across a couple of issues which lead me to
>> the following requests:
>>
>>  o Can we build the headers with --enable-secure-api?
>>  o Can we switch to a newer snapshot so that e.g. msctf.h  (and
>> everything regarding it) is included?
>>
>> Thanks for you great work!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Andreas
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Right now I'm using the v1.0 branch of the mingw-w64 project. I wasn't
> able to find a ./configure option in the mingw-w64 files called
> '--enable-secure-api'. According to the mingw-w64 SVN this option is
> only available in the trunk branch. The file msctf.h is also only
> available in the trunk branch.
>
> I'm okay with switching to the trunk branch, but I don't know how stable
> the trunk branch is at the moment and whether compatibility-breaking
> changes are expected in the coming months. Perhaps the mingw-w64
> maintainers (who are also joined on the fedora-mingw mailing list) can
> respond to that?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Erik van Pienbroek

Erik,

The trunk version is a stable version. We on mingw-w64 are using
rolling releases. Which means our trunk is in general stable. New
features are prepared in our experimental tree and first after making
sure that they are stable enough, we merge new features to trunk.
Additionally I would recomment for newer gcc versions then 4.5.x to
use in general trunk version.  On trunk we addressed some specific new
features available.

Regards,
Kai