Announcing the Cross Compiler Framework (Win32+Win64)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 1 02:53:45 UTC 2011

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> If we're going todo such a large re-organization, is it worth going
> one step further now and actually integrating this with the native RPM
> specs ? ie so we'd have one source RPM that can generate native binary
> RPMs and each cross-compiler binary RPM.

Well, the maintainers of the native packages might not be thrilled by the
idea. (For example, it takes long enough already to build qt, if I have to
wait for all the cross builds to complete too each time I update qt, that'd
really suck. And the fix might not even be relevant for the cross target,
and reciprocally fixes to one or more cross targets or for cross-compilation
in general might not be relevant for the native package.)

        Kevin Kofler