gnutls 2.12.x building fun

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Mon Jun 13 20:37:13 UTC 2011

On 06/13/2011 10:43 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> To test a possible bug I needed to have 2.12.6.1 built. Using the
> mingw32-2.10.5 spec file I found the following differences:
>
> - libnettle has been chosen as the default crypto lib, but I gave
> configure "--with-libgcrypt"
>   to use gcrypt.

Looks like the Fedora native gnutls package also uses libgcrypt.

> - openssl compat dll has an soname bump from 26 to 27
>   The .def file is still named 26, though. I will report upstream.

Yes, reporting it upstream would be nice, although all the .def files
should just be removed from the binary rpm. I believe libtool creates
them as a by-product and they aren't actually needed by anything else
once the .dll and .dll.a files have been created.

> - libgnutlsxx has an soname bump from 26 to 27
> - p11tool, a new binary
>
> Just an FYI as I see 2.12 is in rawhide.

Excellent work. If you would like to update the rawhide mingw32-gnutls
package, I think you should post the diff here and also apply for commit
ACLs in pkgdb.

Thanks for doing this.

--
Kalev