OCaml packages for mingw

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 14:37:30 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:44:11AM +0300, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 06/15/2011 11:21 PM, Jérôme Benoit wrote:
> > I've seen discussion on OCaml's integration in MinGW cross compilation
> > suite shipped in Fedora. What is the status of this work ? Is there
> > any repo where I can pull .spec file or SPRPMs ?
>
> Hello Jérôme,
>
> There's a rather outdated git repo at:
> http://git.annexia.org/?p=fedora-mingw.git;a=tree which has some MinGW
> ocaml packages. I think that might be a good starting point.
>
> In any case, Richard Jones (rwmjones on IRC) would know best about the
> current state of ocaml packages. You might want to pop in to
> #fedora-mingw channel on irc.freenode.net to discuss it.

Yeah, unfortunately we haven't got the patches upstream.

The problem is that the OCaml build system itself is rather primitive,
and so the patches required to turn it into a cross-compiler are quite
a set of hacks.  I discussed this a little bit with Xavier, but
essentially it's going to involve someone taking ownership, and
feeding reasonable patches back upstream.  It's not too easy either.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top