define versus global !?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Tue Jun 28 11:58:23 UTC 2011

hi,
sorry for cross posting but may be someone on the packaging/rpm side can
help me. i'm getting really angry about the debug packages:-)
does anybody who can tell me the real reason of why:
------------------------------------
%define __debug_install_post %{mingw_debug_install_post}
------------------------------------
works why
------------------------------------
%global __debug_install_post %{mingw_debug_install_post}
------------------------------------
not?
imho if i can know the answer to this question i can solve my only
remaining issue with generated spec file for mingw.
if why this in the spec file working:
------------------------------------
%define __debug_install_post %{mingw_debug_install_post}
------------------------------------
while this not:
test:
------------------------------------
echo "%define __debug_install_post %{mingw_debug_install_post}"
------------------------------------
and in the spec file:
%global test sh /tmp/test
%{expand:%(%{test})}
???
the same thing is working for all other macro except for
__debug_install_post.
thanks in advance.
regards.