current status

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sat May 28 13:53:13 UTC 2011

Farkas Levente schreef op wo 25-05-2011 om 13:40 [+0200]:
> On 05/24/2011 04:06 PM, Farkas Levente wrote:
> > hi,
> > at the beginning i was active on this list but there was some other
> > important stuff. but now it seems we need it again. so what is the
> > current status? i see there are new packages mingw- is there any
docs.
> > what should we've to know? etc
> > thanks.
>
> anybody?
> what's the mingw- and mingw32 packages?
> do you plan to support rhel-6?
> does the current infrastructure use any special feature (like rpm-4.9)
> which is not available on el6?
> i see on
> http://svn.openftd.org/viewvc/Fedora%20Cross%20Compiler%20Framework/
> there're both mingw and mingw32 pacakges why?
> do you plan to add epel-6 support for these packages?
> we need mingw support on rhel-6 so we'd like to create packages for
all
> gstreamer related packages which can be used on rhel-6.
> thanks in advance.
> regards.

Hi,

We don't have any clear plans yet for RHEL-6. We've seen that several
mingw32-* packages have been added to the RHEL-6 bugzilla recently, so
they probably have forked some of our Fedora mingw32-* packages (based
on the mingw.org toolchain) but we don't know what other plans RH has
with these packages. We also don't know exactly if they want to provide
enterprise support on these mingw.org-based packages. My guess is that
they want to wait for us to introduce the mingw-w64 toolchain in Fedora
so that they can also introduce it in RHEL-6 and support it for the
long-term. But as already indicated, I don't know anything for certain
as I ain't an RH employee.

The packages which are now in my testing repo don't use any RPM 4.9
tricks yet, so these packages should also work on RHEL-6 (I don't have
access to an RHEL-6/CentOS-6 environment so I can't test this yet). You
might have to rebuild the gcc and binutils packages for RHEL-6, but
other than that the packages should work just fine.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek