-mthreads

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sun Sep 11 14:33:59 UTC 2011

Simson Garfinkel schreef op zo 11-09-2011 om 10:03 [-0400]:
> It is not clear to me how to get the current mingw (32 or 64) running in cross-compiler mode on Ubuntu or MacOS. A while ago I looked at the Fedora build system and it was broken too. However, I need to build both 32-bit and 64-bit executables and I need a system that is repeatable for others, so it looks like I'm going to have to spend some serious time on this over the next 2-3 weeks. I am happy to do it with Fedora or Ubuntu or Mac, but I need something that's easy, and I need to generate both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries.
>
> Have the Fedora repositories been fixed yet?

Hi Simson,

You're talking about that the Fedora build system is 'broken'. Could you
indicate what you think is broken about it?

The mingw toolchain which is currently in the official Fedora
repositories is based on the mingw.org toolchain and only supports
creating win32 binaries.

You mentioned that you want to use a feature which is available from GCC
4.6 on. The mingw32-gcc package which is in Fedora 16 right now
(currently in Beta phase) is based on gcc 4.6, so you might want to try
updating to that.

If you want to have win64 support, you'd have to enable a special
testing repository which contains the mingw-w64 toolchain and can create
binaries for both win32 and win64. This repository also contains gcc
4.6, so if you don't want to update to Fedora 16 this should be a good
enough alternative. More information about that testing repository can
be found at [1]. The plan is to merge everything in this testing
repository back to the main Fedora repository once the legal issues are
resolved.

If you stumble across any problems with any of the toolchains, feel free
to let us know about it so we can help to resolve these issues.

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

[1]:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/CrossCompilerFramework#Development_and_testing_repository