Fw: [Freeglut-developer] Mingw cross-compilation

Sylvain beuc at beuc.net
Mon Feb 6 22:43:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 09:46:19PM +0100, Mark Brand wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >Sending to Fedora mingw mailing list.
> >
> >Rich.
> >
> >On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:45:59PM +0100, Sylvain wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I forward you this mail because you packaged FreeGLUT for win32
> >>through cross-compilation.
> >>
> >>I just sent this patch to the developers after cross-compilation broke
> >>in 2.8.0.  (I believe the current maintainer works primarily under
> >>windows and doesn't uses the autoconf build system.)
> >>
> >>If you think what I did can be improved, feel free to say so to the
> >>list: freeglut-developer at lists.sourceforge.net .
> >>
> >>Cheers!
> >>
> >>- Sylvain
>
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> In mingw-cross-env, freeglut 2.8.0 seems to build fine without any
> significant patches.

Sorry I confused myself.  I meant after 2.8.0, in the SVN version,
which is what my patch is based on.

> The recipe is here:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/file/9f3e2e08c437/src/freeglut.mk
>
> We do apply a patch to add pkg-config support:
>
> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/file/9f3e2e08c437/src/freeglut-1-fixes.patch
>
> Webpage
> http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/

If I sent you an e-mail, you can suspect that I already know about
mingw-cross-env (plus I used to be a Savannah admin) ;)

The pkg-config support sounds nice, are you willing to push it
upstream?

--
Sylvain