jmorecfg.h INT32

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:16:50 UTC 2012

On 07/14/2011 12:34 AM, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> Nerijus Baliunas schreef op wo 13-07-2011 om 23:45 [+0300]:
>> Why freetype support is disabled in mingw32-cairo? I recompiled it with the following
>> patch and then was able to build poppler:
>
> Freetype is disabled in cairo to avoid dependency bloat.

It turned out that there are several apps besides poppler that need
freetype support in cairo. Erik and I discussed this on IRC and we've
now enabled cairo-fc and cairo-ft in Fedora 17 mingw32-cairo builds.

> If we enable it, then it will cause all gtk2/gtk3 applications to
> start depending on freetype and fontconfig (as the freetype +
> fontconfig dependencies will then be added to the cairo dll).

We'll be able to get rid of the the extra freetype + fontconfig
dependencies once we switch to the mingw-w64 toolchain, using delay
to be able to support cairo-ft.

By the way, Nerijus, if you are interested in making a mingw32-poppler
package and getting it in Fedora, I'd be happy to help. Just drop by the
#fedora-mingw IRC channel on Freenode.

--
Kalev