No subject

Mon Mar 5 22:06:45 UTC 2012

mingw-$foo git repository (instead of mingw32-$foo). If you still want
to apply changes for the Fedora 15 and 16 releases then you can still
use the mingw32-$foo git repositories. The ACLs between the old
mingw32-$foo package and the new mingw-$foo package should be the same

At the moment Kalev and I are working on the actual rename of all
mingw32-* packages. When renaming the packages we try to keep the
history of the original packages intact.

The initial import of the history of the old packages may cause a bit of
noise in your mailbox (as an e-mail will be sent for every commit which
was done in the past). We hope to keep this amount of noise to a
minimum.

Today we requested git repositories for the 35 most popular mingw32-*
packages. These new git repositories are already created and we expect
to have copied over the history of the packages including the rename of
the .spec file itself by the end of the day

The remaining mingw32-* packages will be renamed in the next coming
days. Once all old mingw32-* packages are renamed we can start with the
porting of the individual packages to the new packaging guidelines
(including win64 support)

If you want to help out with this mass rename or other tasks related to
the introduction of the mingw-w64 toolchain in Fedora, feel free to join
us on IRC, irc.freenode.net #fedora-mingw. If you don't agree with this
mass rename, also feel free to join us on IRC so we can discuss it

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek