gtk+ compiling with mingw64

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sun Sep 23 14:22:46 UTC 2012

Hi Kees,

It isn't necessary to cross-compile gtk+ yourself when using Fedora.
We're already providing packages for both gtk2 and gtk3. The package
names for them are mingw32-gtk2, mingw64-gtk2, mingw32-gtk3 and
mingw64-gtk3. You can install them with one of the various package
managers which are available in Fedora.

The gtk-demo binary is also provided by these packages

For a basic introduction in the Fedora MinGW toolchain and how it can be
used can be found at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/Tutorial

When you install one or the gtk+ packages I mentioned earlier and use
the commands described in the tutorial you should be able to build your
own application against the cross-compiled gtk+ stack.

If you've got any other questions about the Fedora MinGW cross-compiler
stack feel free to let us know using this mailing list of join us on
IRC: irc.freenode.net/#fedora-mingw

Groeten,

Erik van Pienbroek