Proposal: winpthreads support for Fedora 20

NightStrike nightstrike at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:27:05 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> On 04/29/2013 09:17 AM, NightStrike wrote:
>> Is there a runtime switch to gcc that tells it not to link in
>> winpthreads?  It seems kind of silly to have to link to a threading
>> library when you aren't using threads.
>
> That is my only complaint as well, although the times I'll use it will
> only be when I need the DLL.

andoni on IRC pointed out the -no-pthread option.  You can pass this
to the gcc front end to prevent automatically linking in libpthread
when you don't need it.

I still am baffled why this target would default the pthread linking
option to always on, even when -pthread is not specified.  This seems
like an upstream gcc bug.