Cross-compiling with cmake?

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 00:55:05 UTC 2013

Hello all!  Lately I've been hell-bent to port several packages to MinGW.  So far I have flac, kde-filesystem, libid3tag, libmad, libsamplerate, libsndfile, portaudio, portmidi, protobuf, and taglib built and running.  (My goal is to make all of Mixxx's dependencies -- see http://www.mixxx.org/ for more information on this open-source DJing tool.)  Mixxx is up and running on MS Windows when built with these dependent packages!

Now I'm trying to build phonon (so that I can enable some additional Mixxx features), and I ran into a problem -- its build is using the host's cmake configuration files!  In phonon-4.6.0/phonon/CMakeLists.txt, after running "macro_optional_find_package(PulseAudio 0.9.15)", PULSEAUDIO_FOUND is TRUE, but none of the other variables are set, e.g. PULSEAUDIO_INCLUDE_DIR, PULSEAUDIO_LIBRARY, and PULSEAUDIO_MAINLOOP_LIBRARY.  It shouldn't even be finding the host's cmake configuration during a cross-compile!

The problem seems to be in /usr/share/mingw/Toolchain-mingw{32,64}.cmake -- it looks like it needs a "SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PACKAGE ONLY)" line.

Also, it seems like there would have to be mingw{32,64}-cmake and mingw64-cmake packages, just to provide /usr/share/cmake/Modules -- executables wouldn't be necessary.

What do you think?

Steven Boswell