Error when exiting app with -DNDEBUG but OK with -g

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 18:32:38 UTC 2013

Hopefully someone can give me a hint here...

I'm working on converting a project[1] from a patchwork of autotools to
cmake based build. I've got the cross-compiling working and even managed to
create an installer using cpack with NSIS after figuring out which DLLs I
needed to package with it.

The last problem I'm having and have not yet figured out is why I'm getting
an error when I exit the program that only occurs on release builds
(-DNDEBUG) but does not occur with debug builds (-g).

The error is a popup window saying "microsoft visual c++ this application
has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard

[1] freedv.org