Fedora 13 Updates

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 21 06:51:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Zhen Xin <xinz.06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> 2010/10/12 Jeff Moe <moe at blagblagblag.org>
>>
>> I am currently rebuilding a number of Fedora 13 updates for MIPS on my
>> Lemote
>> Yeeloong. I quickly hit my fedorapeople disk space quota and will likely
>> hit
>> my new quota soon. I have been uploading the packages here:
>> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/jebba/yeeloong/
>
> If these packages are part of Fedora, they should be taken care of by the
> koji (still planning). Temporarily secondary.fedoraproject.org may be a nice
> place to hold them. What do you think, Gerard?

Sure,

Fai and I have been busy as you noticed, so we need all the help we
can get to move this forward.

We have to use secondary for all our files. So I want to ask Fai to
also do so from now on ;-). It is a better way to preserve our files
and make them not dependent of our efforts (easier to reproduce, not
prone to hardware failure from our side, etc).

If you get in touch with me personally I will see what we can work
out. Best is to probably give you access to our secondary storage, but
ONLY for the packages that are already included in the standard Fedora
distribution. All the packages that are not part of the standard
distribution need to be hosted by a third-party repository. We had a
similar request before about this; we should have a RPMforge or
RPMFusion for alternative distributions/architectures for this,
because we can not carry them. If anybody knows such a repository, let
me know... or else we can discuss about this and let to set this up.

greets,

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德