about Install and Compile document writing

Zhen Xin xinz.06 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:37:58 UTC 2010

Hi wang,

在 2010年11月30日 上午1:44,liang liang wang <wllxnd at gmail.com>写道:

> I am interested in writing on the fedora for mips installation and compile
> documentation
>
> Do not know can give me some basic information
>
> My installation process
>
> step 1 Start the computer using 共创linux rescue (IDE,/dev/hda)
> step 2 mkdir /mnt/a
> step 3 mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/a
> step 4  tar zxvf Fedora-13-rootfs-MIPS.tar.gz
> step 5 edit boot.cfg
> step 6 build yum for Fedora-13-RPMS-MIPS
> step 7 yum install xorg*
> step 8 yum install gnome*
> step 9 startx
>
> Q1:How did you boot up the computer?
> Q2:step 7 and step 8 Right?
> Q3:Different kernel How to use?
> edora-13-RPMS-MIPS kernel-vanilla-2.6.36-85.fc13.mips64el.rpm
> Fedora-13-rootfs-MIPS vmlinuz-2.6.35-85.fc13.mips64el
> kernel-vanilla-2.6.36-86.lemote2f.fc13.mips64el.rpm (for jebba)

There is a recovery script written by Liu ShiWei originally for Debian,
which can be used with some modification (mainly for boot.cfg). And I posted
a step-by-step on this list monthes ago.

yum looks right. There can be multiple entries in the boot.cfg for different
kernels. But the kernel RPM installation won't modify this file for you as
what is done to grub.conf.

> Thank you very much

CNN:温先生,请问你对今天的……有何看法? 宝宝:我浏览了很多网站,没看到这消息。