updating boo

Christian Krause chkr at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 2 22:17:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

Paul Lange wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 02.08.2009, 19:29 +0200 schrieb David Nielsen:
>> 2009/8/2 Paul Lange <palango at gmx.de>
>>         I'm trying to update boo to the latest version (0.9.1).
>>
>>         Most things work fine but I get a strange stacktrace while
>>         trying to
>>         register some assemblies into the gac.
>>
>>         You can find the src-rpm package and the mock build.log here:
>>         http://palango.fedorapeople.org/boo/
>>
>> does gacutil fail on your system if you invoke it manually to test?
>
> I have to build it with mock because the build with rpmbuild didn't work
> because of some boo 0.8.1 stuff in the gac.

Probably you could just de-install the boo 0.8.1 temporarily and use
then rpmbuild for testing purposes...

> So I don't know if I can run commands in mock to test. However 'gacutil'
> works when I run it without parameters.

IMHO there are 2 options:

- When I was hunting issues which only appeared in mock, I've just added
some test commands directly to the spec file of the package.

- Additionally you could run mock with the "--no-cleanup-after" command
and later use "mock --shell" to get a shell within the chroot
environment. Then you can try e.g. the problematic gacutil command manually.

Best regards,
Christian