Surveying active Fedora Mono packagers

Christian Krause chkr at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 21 14:30:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

Michel Salim wrote:
> It would be nice to know how many active Fedora packagers are on this
> list. There have been communication issues in the past (see fedora-devel
> list), with some important bulk updates being obsoleted because
> individual maintainers push newer updates before the old ones have a
> chance of hitting stable.

I certainly agree that that it would be a good idea to coordinate the
bulk updates for the various mono packages. At least the following
actions should be announced and coordinated on this list:

1. request of dist-overrides:
Since all new builds will be built against the packages which are tagged
this way (but probably not pushed to updates yet) and so they may not
work with the current stable versions, this should be coordinated with
all mono packagers. Especially the expected period of having the
packages tagged this way should be communicated.

2. updates of mono's core packages:
IMHO it would be helpful to have a section in the mono SIG's wiki to
define which major version of the core packages is planned in which
Fedora releases. Something like:

F10: mono 2.2
F11: mono 2.4
F12: mono 2.4

Would this be an option to avoid some misunderstandings?

My entry:
Christian Krause / chkr at fedoraproject.org / chkr
Packages maintained:
f-spot

Packages comaintained:
mono-tools
monodevelop

Additionally I maintain a couple of non-mono packages.

I'd like to volunteer to comaintain some more mono packages. For sure
I'd also like to help with coordinating the mass updates...

Best regards,
Christian