Surveying active Fedora Mono packagers

Paul Lange palango at gmx.de
Sun Aug 23 18:59:23 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag, den 23.08.2009, 13:30 -0400 schrieb Michel Salim:
> On Sun, 2009-08-23 at 18:45 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
>

> >         * boo 0.9.1 (package is ready, only needs import)
> >

> > How does boo 0.9.1 jive with the rest of the system.. incompatible?.
> > Also when it gets imported please use the announcement lists to let
> > people know you are bumping a language.
>
> Make sure to do
>
>   repoquery --alldeps --whatrequires boo
>
> and give a heads-up to the relevant package maintainers
> (PGKNAME-owner at fedoraproject.org should work)
>
> so far it's only Banshee that's affected. I used to maintain it, and
> still comaintain -- unfortunately I'm on Rawhide and there's this
> bizarre bug I cannot track down yet, in that both Banshee 1.4.3 and
> 1.5.0 (1.6.0-beta1) would cause a segfault.
>
> For stable releases, since it requires rebuilding Banshee, I'd say do
> the Koji build but don't push an update yet. Let the Banshee maintainers
> know, and if it's stable, one of us can ask for boo-0.9.1 to be tagged
> dist-override so we can build Banshee against it and push a combined
> update.

I updated the package some time ago, mainly for banshee 1.6, and asked
Paul F. Johnson for an import or commit rights but he didn't answer yet.
Seems like I have the same problem like Christian with mono-addins.

btw, is there an advanced packager in the list who could push the
update? source rpm is here: http://palango.fedorapeople.org/boo/

regards,
Paul