dbus-sharp 0.7.0

Christian Krause chkr at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 13 09:17:21 UTC 2011

Hi Paul, Hi All,

On 05/29/2011 07:13 PM, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Sun, 29 May 2011 18:23:29 +0200
> Christian Krause <chkr at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>> Yep, dbus-sharp 0.7.0 (and dbus-sharp-glib-0.5.0) is needed for the
>> new banshee 2.1.x as well.

So I will update dbus-sharp to the new "version" from
https://github.com/mono/dbus-sharp and push it through the review
process since it is technically a new package.

>> It is "lat" and "blam", although it looks like that blam actually uses
>> ndesk-dbus and so the Requirement for dbus-sharp is just some remains
>> from former times when blam used dbus-sharp.
>>
>> @blam-owners: Please can you check whether the dbus-sharp dependencies
>> could be entirely dropped from the blam package?

@blam-owners: Once we have update to dbus-sharp 0.7.0, I'm going to just
drop this unneeded dependency blam. Please just let me know if you want
to do the change yourself.

>> @lat-owner, @Denis: Please can you take a look at this issue?
>
> I think lat is pretty much dead upstream. The last svn commit was 18
> months ago and the person maintaining it isn't the original author, who
> abandoned it a long time ago. I think it's probably time to retire it.

Ok, that's certainly an option. ;-) Since an update to dbus-sharp will
cause missing dependencies for the lat package, please can you
officially retire lat in rawhide? Thanks!

Best regards,
Christian