[Fedora-music-list] Please remove subject prefix from list messages.

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue May 23 19:24:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 11:20 -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Can the list maintainer please remove the [fedora-music-list] junk
> from the mailing list subject line?  It's 2006 now, and I believe
> the majority of people subscribing to mailing lists have long since
> realized how to filter mail using X-BeenThere, or whatever other
> preferred methods.

I like it. (And no, I'm not filtering based on it) I'm on a bazillion
mailing lists, and its not really worth the trouble to me to set up a
filter for the low traffic ones.

Mailing lists are an ugly fossil of a kludge anyway.

Sadly there's nothing that's widely standard that can quite take the
place. NNTP is close, but the lack of server side user state is a big
downer IMHO.

IMAP could almost do it, it has server side user state, but its only
designed for reading, not posting. Also its a hideous, ambiguously
defined, difficult to parse protocol according to the Citadel
developers. Sadly, its the only thing widely supported by most mail
clients.

Citadel could do it. http://www.citadel.org/  I was working on packaging
it a while back. My original intent for becoming an Extras contributor
was to submit Citadel... Its on this summer's to do list. :)