[Fedora-music-list] Jamendo news

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sat Sep 16 02:24:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Sylvain ZIMMER wrote:

>  - There's a new jamseeder release (2.0rc3) :
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127180&package_id=182820
> it fixes a few bugs that blocked downloads, I recommend upgrading ! One rc3
> instance is currently seeding 800+ albums on our servers, and counting...

Great.  I'll download that tonight.  Look forward to trying it out.

> BTW, is there any progress with the Rythmbox plugin idea ?

Funny you should mention that.  :)  Haven't had much time to look at any
actual plugins, but the version of Rhythmbox in Fedora Core 6 Test 3
(released this week) now handles m3u-based playlists correctly.  I've got
some more testing to do, but I think we could at least include some
default playlists in FC6.  Nothing certain yet, but it's possible.

Given this news, I have two questions:

1. What tag-based streams would you recommend?

2. If we ship Jamendo turned on in Rhythmbox by default in FC6, and if we
advertise this fact, will your servers be able to deliver the streams?
How many users can you stream music to simultaneously?

--g