[Fedora-music-list] Jamendo news

Sylvain ZIMMER sylvain at sylvainzimmer.com
Sat Sep 16 06:46:05 UTC 2006

On 9/16/06, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Sylvain ZIMMER wrote:
>
> >  - There's a new jamseeder release (2.0rc3) :
> >
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127180&package_id=182820
> > it fixes a few bugs that blocked downloads, I recommend upgrading ! One
> rc3
> > instance is currently seeding 800+ albums on our servers, and
> counting...
>
> Great.  I'll download that tonight.  Look forward to trying it out.

Nice !

> BTW, is there any progress with the Rythmbox plugin idea ?
>
> Funny you should mention that.  :)  Haven't had much time to look at any
> actual plugins, but the version of Rhythmbox in Fedora Core 6 Test 3
> (released this week) now handles m3u-based playlists correctly.  I've got
> some more testing to do, but I think we could at least include some
> default playlists in FC6.  Nothing certain yet, but it's possible.
>
> Given this news, I have two questions:
>
> 1. What tag-based streams would you recommend?

Hm, I don't know... There are so many of them... rock / classical / metal /
reggae / electronica / jazz ? I'm sure I forgot some important ones ;) the
best option would be to let the user choose of course!

2. If we ship Jamendo turned on in Rhythmbox by default in FC6, and if we
> advertise this fact, will your servers be able to deliver the streams?
> How many users can you stream music to simultaneously?

I think currently we can stream to 1000+ users simultaneously. We can
multiply this by 4 or 5 without much efforts if needed.

Will the users be able to click on the artist/album name to check its
jamendo page ?

Thanks!

--g

> Greg DeKoenigsberg || Fedora Project || fedoraproject.org
> Be an Ambassador || http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Sylvain ZIMMER
CTO, www.jamendo.com

blog: sylvinus.org