[Fedora-music-list] F10 in trouble?

Gareth Foster earthworm at planetearthworm.com
Thu Feb 5 12:22:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 17:37 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> You should give the latest one I released a try. Maybe it will lock less
> frequently, it has a couple of fixes for BUG warnings :-) That would be
> 2.6.26.8-1.rt13.4... It all depends on your usage patterns and your
> hardware, it might be also an option to run the Fedora kernel.
>
> Hopefully we will have a better rt patch in the 2.6.28 timeframe, but I
> have not heard anything (loud) yet.

I installed and tried 2.6.26.8-1.rt15.1.fc10. It boots, and seems to
work. I did notice that my Macbook Pro starts making more noise running
this kernel ...

Anyway, I need to get ndiswrapper sorted for my wireless. Should I be
able to use akmod for this does anyone know? I've installed it, and it
works for the stock kernel, but doesn't for the RT kernel. I could build
it myself, but that means rebuilding every time there's a ndiswrapper or
RT kernel release.

Ta for any help,

Gaz