[Fedora-music-list] about the Fedora Studio idea

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun May 17 15:37:48 UTC 2009

On 17/05/09 15:51, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> These are the types of software we have in the Multimedia group.
The group seems to be called Sound & Video on my machine. And there is
currently too many items in the menu to fit 2x screen height (2x768).

> * Yet another starting point is, do not create another main group.
> Just do all the subgrouping inside Multimedia.
I'm thinking grouping as consumers (ie viewers, players), and producers
(pre: capture|record|import|rip, manipulation: editing|compile|render,
post: convert|production|output to file|streamer|titling).

Some applications would cover all three areas, which makes this tricky
(jacks of all trades). And some apps just tie multiple other apps
together (DVD::RIP).

Here is a possible layout; it is really just to solicit more opinions:
---
bash-4.0$ tree --dirsfirst .
===
`-- Sound & Video