[Fedora-music-list] Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Christopher Antila crantila at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:22:36 UTC 2010

Perhaps I should have made it more clear that the link I posted in the
latest email is only to portions of the Guide that have a completed
first-draft.  A list of topics is available elsewhere.

This link contains links to all written material that exists so far:
__ https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Crantila/FSC __
-Project Schedule
-List of Topics (i.e. Table of Contents)
-Fully-Completed Drafts
-Testing Information ("What Needs Testing Now")
-Software to Consider for Subsequent Editions

Everybody:
Please feel free to directly edit all documents but the schedule -
especially "Software to Consider for Subsequent Editions."  I'll be sure
to incorporate your changes.

Niels:
Thank you for the links about mastering and especially the "K System" of
metering and level practices.  I have no formal training with regards to
audio recording, so although I've experienced the issues discussed in
Katz' article, I didn't realize the extent of the situation, or its
causes.  Nor, in fact, had I even considered recommending that people
use an external level meter, because it adds a new level of complexity,
as you recognize.

And finally, regarding the added level of complexity, I'm glad that
you've been recommending Qtractor so strongly, because it's made me
change my mind about the specific layout of the Guide, and how it's
going to deal with three DAWs.  Qtractor really is easier than Ardour,
and it does a good job of working with both audio and MIDI, so that's
how it fits in.

Now to find a place for Rosegarden.

Christopher.