[Fedora-music-list] Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Christopher Antila crantila at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 23:23:58 UTC 2010

When I wrote the Guide chapter, I didn't realize that Qtractor wasn't
available from a Fedora repository.  I'd installed the software earlier,
and my system has had the RPM Fusion repositories installed for months
before that.  So, the portion about Qtractor is written from the
perspective of it being available in a standard Fedora repository.

Looks like Qtractor is in rawhide, but if it won't be available from a
Fedora repository, then it's going to be from RPM Fusion, which will
involve only a minor change.  The Guide won't contain source-compilation
instructions for Qtractor.

With this in mind, and pending what happens with JACK (as per my email
from five minutes ago), SuperCollider will be the only application not
available from a Fedora repository, aside from the real-time kernel.

It's nice that we're worrying about these things now, when there's so
much time left.

Christopher.