[Fedora-music-list] Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Sun Jul 11 06:58:29 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-10 at 16:45 -0700, Niels Mayer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Considering that we're offering Qtractor because it removes complexity
> > for the starting artist, I'm going to suggest that using your method
> > to get the latest source is going to be a barrier ... if that's what
> > the guide recommends.
>
> That's just my recommendation for the time being. At some point soon
> enough, Rui will have an official release containing all the fixes
> i've been getting off subversion. And then sometime after that, it'll
> be packaged for fedora. I'm not worried that this will happen.

I would like to point out that Qtractor is oriented to stereo output. A
while back I tried to use for something simple, and that stopped me - I
don't think I could get it to change the number of channels in the
master output.

Ardour is more complex but you get a return from the investment of
learning it (as usual).

Qtractor used to be in Planet CCRMA, I stopped offering it when it
appeared in rpmfusion.

-- Fernando