[Fedora-music-list] Musicians' Guide Version Questions.

Martin Tarenskeen m.tarenskeen at zonnet.nl
Sun Jul 11 10:05:37 UTC 2010

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

>> -frescobaldi
>
> These will be whatever the latest stable version is
>
>> -lilypond
>> -solfege
>
> I don't maintain these two. I cannot say anything.

The latest version of frescobaldi, I think, needs, for building, lilypond
development version 2.13.19 or higher which is a development version. I
don't expect a Lilypond stable version 2.14.x will be available when
Fedora 14 is ready. There are still some problems with lilypond 2.13 but
also already many very nice improvements and bugfixes.

Just an example to show that things can be a little complicated sometimes.

P.S:

Other topic but ...

Did anyone succesfully try modifying the specfile to build a lilypond RPM
package based on the latest lilypond development release (currently:
2.13.27) ? There are some changes compared to stable lilypond 2.12.3 that
make changes to the specfile, other than just the version number,
necessary. Until now my attempts have not been very succesful.

--

Martin