[Fedora-music-list] Musicians' Guide in Development; Testing Needed!

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Jul 12 03:56:35 UTC 2010

People,

On 2010-07-10 15:39, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>> Christopher,
>>
>> I wouldn't classify myself as an "absolute beginner" but I just did:
>>
>>         yum install qtractor
>>
>> which installed:
>>
>>         qtractor  x86_64  0.4.6-1.fc14
>>         rubberband  x86_64  1.5.0-1.fc12
>>
>> I then typed:
>>
>>         qtractor
>>
>> and got:
>>
>>         qtractor: symbol lookup error: qtractor: undefined symbol:
>> _ZN9QListData11detach_growEPii
>>

> I see that you are using rawhide (Fedora 14 pre-alpha). I need to
> remind you that this is not recommended for production machines, and
> you should expect such breakages when you are using rawhide.
>
> With that in mind, could you post me your output of
> ldd -r /usr/bin/qtractor
> (Probably, the package just needs a rebuild due to a soname bump of a
> library, but just to make sure)

I am not desperate to get qtractor going - I was just responding to the
Subject line - I thought the results might be useful for somebody.  When
I get time I would like to learn some more music stuff - at the moment I
am just a wannabe . .

Orcan,

Do you still want the output of "ldd -r /usr/bin/qtractor" ? - I can
send it if you like (I don't have your email address) - I lost all the
recent fedora-music mails and had to recreate these ones from the web pages.

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades