[Fedora-music-list] Music spin development

Christopher Antila crantila at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 18:55:18 UTC 2010

On 07/25/2010 10:44 AM, David Timms wrote:
> On 22/07/10 01:19, David Timms wrote:
>> I have begun a wiki page to help track our goals for an audio creation
>> Fedora spin:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AudioCreationSpinDevelopment
>> , also available from the links at the bottom of the SIG page:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_Creation
> Time pressure has required me to make something ready before Tuesday
> this week:
> - we already missed the features and spin cutoff date
> - created spin page to standard format
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MusicCreationSpinLite
>
> I have made a build of the iso, that works OK (don't bother on a vm):
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~timmsy/spin/FedoraMusicCreationLite.F13-x86_64.2010-07-25.c.iso.torrent
> I haven't made torrents before so let me know if it doesn't work.

> Cheers, David Timms

Once again, thank you for taking the lead on this.  As you noted, we've
already missed some deadlines for Fedora 14.  I really think our best
bet is to hold off on building things (for release) until we get a
significant involvement for deciding software and other features.

On the other hand, I think it will be helpful to have two wiki pages
about the spin, like we do currently - one can contain decision-making
things, and the other can contain the results of those decisions.

I also think that building frequent test versions with the latest
software is a good idea, so that we can get the most testing done.  The
only thing is, if it causes a burden for the Fedora infrastructure (no
idea how this works, myself), then let's not go too crazy.

I'll try the torrent today.

Christopher.