[Fedora-music-list] music list - no owner

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:49:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:05 AM, David Timms  wrote:
> On 20/07/10 00:58, David Timms wrote:
>> Hi, as a subscriber to fedora-music, now music at lists.fedoraproject.org,
>> it seems that the list is configured differently to other fedora lists:
>> - when I receive and email, then click reply for other fedora lists, the
>> reply automatically has the list address as the to: recipient.
>>
>> - on music, this does not occur, instead the mail goes back to the
>> original author, only.
>>
>> For a collaboration list, this is rather limiting:
>> - ideas/answers get sent back to an individual, rather than all list
>> members (by default). People feel like they are being singled out.
>> - it feels more like one on one communication, rather than trying to
>> build a "team" of interested people. Other interested parties miss the
>> communication.
>>
>> Could the list configuration be checked and adjusted so that the
>> reply-to music at list header is included ?
>>
>> Or should this be requested elsewhere ?
>>
>> Would you like me to announce the proposed change on the list incase
>> anyone considers it a bad idea ?
> Hi All,
>
> At the moment,the fedora music list has no owner:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.devel/136608/focus=136609
> , and hence there is no one to perform a change like the above. Ideally:
> 1. we have an actual list owner / owners
> 2. depending upon our consensus: we should have the configured with
> reply-to munging, so that hitting reply causes to to: address to be the
> list address.
>
> Are there any people who would like to take up the owner task ?
>
> What do people think about 'enhancing' our collaboration by using the
> reply-to munging as many other fedora lits use ?

Hello,
I don't really know what you are trying to establish, probably because
I don't know what 'reply-to munging' is.

I am subscribed to 10+ fedora lists, and I don't see a difference
between this list and the other ones when it comes to replying to
messages.

Can you be a little more specific about what will change in my life if
I start munching on reply-tos, whatever that means.

Thanks,
Orcan