[Fedora-music-list] Fwd: [PlanetCCRMA] fedora 15: rt kernel

Thu Jun 16 18:59:00 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [PlanetCCRMA] fedora 15: rt kernel
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 10:09:55 -0700
From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
To: planetccrma at ccrma.Stanford.EDU

Hi all,
I have released a first test version of a 2.6.33.14 + rt31 rt patched
kernel for Fedora 15. Handle with care as it has been very lightly
tested :-) This package will use upstart to boot your workstation
instead of the newer systemd which requires features in the kernel that
2.6.33 does not have - it works in my test laptop. Other than that it is
the same stuff as in < Fedora 15 releases (including rtirq)...

Enjoy!
-- Fernando

PS: in the planetcore-testing repository for Fedora 15 I have also
dropped a build of 2.6.39.1 with threaded irqs enabled. Only for good
sports. Again, this is the first I release of > 2.6.33 so be warned, it
might eat your computer! This kernel definitely not as good in terms of
latency as 2.6.33 + rt31, but it may (should?) be better than the stock
Fedora kernel, and can use systemd to boot.